It's that time of year, Lent! And what better way to celebrate than with 40 Acts, I can't recommend them highly enough.
Day 1 is to create a journal and answer two questions. My blog is my journal, so here it goes!
Things you're grateful for:
Oh so many things!
- My fiance Andrew, who is funny, incredibly patient, kind, generous to name but a few of his traits.
- My wonderful family. My mum who spends her fridays with me, planning wedding things, my sister who takes time to chat to me on the phone every Thursday.
- My dad who last week suprised me with the news he is buying me a car.
- All the people who doing things to make my wedding possible.
- The lovely lady at O2, who I called to change my address, and ended up chatting about faith and God with her.
- The lack of rain we've enjoyed recent days.
- Any day I don't have a headache.
- My job, which I really like going to.
- My health, which I never take for granted after having depression as a teenager.
- My friends who are so wonderfully supportive.
- Strangers who smile at me in the street.
- Good books.
- My camera.
- Coffee shops.
- Marigold gloves, whuch mage washing up and house work such a better experience.
- My lovely bag from Ethiopia, from my god mother and all its contents.
- Daffodils, proving Spring is on the way. Feels like the Narnia books when Aslan is on the move, the ice melts and Spring comes.
- Bananas, my favorite fruit ever, the world would be a duller place without them.
People I would like to bless during lent.
- This one is probably going to be a bit more personal, might make the list on my phone!
(If you do) How do you celebrate lent?
If you have an online lent blog, let me know the adress, I'd love to see it.